Hi WM Community!
I wanted to start a conversation about working on projects with our close friends, partners, family or others with pre-existing relationships.
The people in my life are all up to cool stuff and I love working together but sometimes I struggle to not let the projects take over the relationships or create tension in areas outside the scope of work!
For me the biggest perks are:
- Immediate trust and comfort to share honest feedback
- Quick progress when you can spend long hours talking and working together
- Shared networks and communities make handing off communication easier
- Shared understanding of tasks can make scheduling more fluid
- Getting to work with people I love just makes me feel warm and fuzzy!
But there are some drawbacks:
- Automatically talking about the project and updates *constantly*
- Lack of accountability to their commitments within the project because they think I have more time available than them in a given day or week (lol)
- Losing time to connect about other things going on in our lives
Would love to hear about others experiences with this.