Recent events have shown us that there is still a lot of work to do to fix society, and racism in particular. I started Women Make two years ago to empower all women and today some of our members are directly affected by what’s happening. I can’t stand to see people suffering from injustice and violence because of the color of their skin.
This is a place where our black members should feel supported and heard. And as a community, it’s time to raise our voices and show our solidarity.
I gathered the resources shared by our members below. Of course, you are more than welcome to add more in the comments.
• Nivi ( https://womenmake.com/@948866020 ) wrote a non-overwhelming list of racial justice actions
• Veni ( https://womenmake.com/@591257200 ) also put some resources together
• Save the Tears: White Woman's Guide, a guide for white women who don't know what to do or how to support
• Self-Defined, an inclusive and diverse dictionary
• A list of places to donate
• An initiative using #amplifymelanatedvoices to lift others
• 10 Steps To Non-Optical Allyship
• Essential Reading for Anti-Racism Work
As you can see, I also added a badge on the site that allows people to donate to a BLM cause. It's just a short snippet of code to copy/paste, so feel free to add it too.