Hope you, friends and family are doing good and keeping safe!
I've been working on a little project for over a week, spending time learning as much as possible and thinking about the ways that can help us out of the current situation (http://focusfork.com/#threeways). I've built a web app and following early feedback, it is now time to work on gathering input to maximize the project's impact ahead of launching it.
Simplified Project Thesis: Efforts to produce more ventilators or PPE are obviously necessary, but to move us forward, some of us are willing to invest time, effort or money in what might get us out of the current situation.
So, there are essentially 3 ways out of this:
* We find a good enough vaccine to get virility rate < 1
* We create a very good treatment so people aren't afraid and can live their lives as before
* We implement a strong culture of testing and isolation (like China). i.e. ubiquitous and fast testing is made available.
There is no convincing 4th way out of this.
(And no, there is nothing genius about the conclusions above, a bunch of smart folks have been repeating the same for some time)
So, the request is:
1. Several organizations have been selling or donating essential equipment, materials, services, test kits and design packages/out-licensing. Should you want to list your organization's resources, please enter your details into (https://bit.ly/resources_info_gathering_focus_fork). Please also enter your details into (https://bit.ly/resources_info_gathering_focus_fork), should you be looking for suppliers/providers of essential resources.
2. Several tech companies are offering paid remote apprenticeship jobs to people outside tech. Should you also want to list such opportunities, please enter your details into (https://bit.ly/apprenticeships_info_gathering_focus_fork). Same for potential apprenticeship applicants, please also enter your details into (https://bit.ly/apprenticeships_info_gathering_focus_fork).
3. Several organizations are offering their assets or spare capacity to be used by others who would like to make essential equipment, materials, etc. Should you want to list potential commercial or charitable partnerships/collaborations opportunities, please enter your details into (https://bit.ly/refocus_info_gathering_focus_fork). Please also enter your details into (https://bit.ly/refocus_info_gathering_focus_fork), should you be looking for partnerships/collaborations opportunities.
4. Several family offices / investors are willing to allocate significant amount of capital to for-profit or non-profit companies (new companies and temporary pivots) fighting COVID-19. Others are proving fast funding (decisions made in under 48h) through grants to scientists at academic institutions. Should you want to list your interest to allocate capital to fighting COVID-19, please enter your details into (https://bit.ly/innvestments_info_gathering_focus_fork). Same for companies looking for funding, please also enter your details into (https://bit.ly/innvestments_info_gathering_focus_fork).
* I've set up a website for the project (it links to the different surveys inviting your valuable input): focusfork.com (https://bit.ly/focusfork_womenmake)
* Feel free to reach out to me in case of questions at twitter.com/celue
* Your input will be used to help analyze where there is most need for a service to help match supply and demand in fighting the current crisis. Thank you!
If this isn't for you, sharing this forward in your network will be of great help (here comes a Twitter thread on it as well: https://twitter.com/FocusFork/status/1248246513106423817)
Warm regards and keep safe.